Re: [tlug] Files from Linux to EC2 Windows

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:58, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
>>> To get files from linux to a linux instance running on Amazon EC2 or
>>> Rackspace linux is easy: just use SCP.
>>>
>> Use WinSCP on the Windoze side and sshd on Linux.
>
> Good lateral thinking :-) But the windows machine has a global IP
> address, and normally the client machines I want to send from are behind
> a firewall.

OK, you need a server for Win then?
openssh/Cygwin is the standard way, although it requires some fiddling
with default settings (haven't done this in 5+ years, may have
improved). Otherwise:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SFTP_server_software#Freeware

Although I wouldn't want a Windows box with a global IP and freeware
(not OSS) servers on it...

Why not configure your firewall, get a VPN or any other common
technique and use WinSCP (client) to connect to the Linux machines?
(you can transfer files both ways anyway)

Kalin.