Re: [tlug] Possibility to recover a hard disk by swapping control board

> If that could possibly mount the disk that might be worth a 6000 yen experiment, but if the chances of that fixing the issue are rare then I would skip that route.

It may be better to go with commercial "HDD rescue" service, rather
than spend 6000 yen for uncertain experiment.

Some are doing a business with "pay-by-success" policy, so it'd be 0
yen if they can't get the data (enough) out of the drive. On success,
15000+ yen or so (differs by service and drive capacity) will be your
payment. Yes, it's more pricy, but may be worth it if it's still in
your budget.

I don't have any experience with any of these services, so I have no
specific service on my mind.

Best Regards,