[tlug] Linux with CUDA experiences?

Hi all,

I know there is a lot of documentation on the web about this, but I
was just wondering if anyone has any personal experience setting up
CUDA on a Linux (Debian) laptop.  I started last night and realized
getting the system to work with NVidia is going to be my first
challenge.

Any general suggestions -- for example, "Don't use Debian; it's too
difficult", would be helpful.  And also, how many days should I
allocate to this...  :-P  It is a Japanese laptop, but other than the
keyboard, there shouldn't be anything about where I bought it that
would make a difference.

Thanks!

Ray