Re: [tlug] iBus Setup Problem

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 12:12 AM, CL <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
> I also added "Japanese" to "Preferred Languages" in Locale --> Country
> Region and Languages ... which I do not recall ever doing previously.
>
> I now have two icons, but still no Japanese language input.

Back when I was running Suse several years ago I'd install it with
English as the main language and Japanese as a supported language, and
Japanese input worked great, with all the menus still in English.

Once I started using Ubuntu/Kunbuntu, there seemed to be many hoops of
fire to jump through and magic tricks to perform to get Japanese input
working correctly if the installation was done in English, so I gave
up on English menus and just did the installation in Japanese to begin
with.  You get stuck with Japanese menus for everything, but you also
get Japanese input working with everything without having to jump
through any hoops of fire.

LS