[tlug] MeeGo? Netvertibles?

Hey all....

I'm making some life changes in the near future that I believe will
require me to have a convenient ultraportable machine... though I'm not
much attracted to what they nowadays call a "tablet"... the iPad and its
knockoffs.

What I *am* attracted to is the Lenovo s10-3t, a so-called "netvertible"
(convertible tablet netbook). I've seen one in person, and googled
around, and am not convinced it or its Linux support is necessarily
solid enough for my needs. I've also just found the Dell Inspiron Duo,
which has a pretty slick way of converting...

One thing I've discovered in this process is a Linux distro(?) called
MeeGo which seems to be the Linux world's answer to a tablet OS. Looks
interesting. Anyone know where it stands and have any thoughts on
whether I should hang any hopes on it?

Are there any interesting products available (perhaps solely) in Japan
now that might answer to my needs?

Thanks,

Dave