Re: [tlug] iBus Setup Problem

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 11:45:47AM +0900, CL wrote:

> Now, iBus does not work.  I have to manually start Keyboard Input
> Methods every time I start / reboot and Anthy capability is hit and miss
> (mostly miss).  Most of the time, the iBus icon is visible, but not the
> Anthy E-J icon.  I thought it was best to configure from scratch rather
> than copying over the old files. I was fairly sure that I reconfigured
> the switcher correctly but am less confident now.  Can anyone offer any
> troubleshooting tips?

One bug that RH based systems had (reported and if not fixed, will be
fixed) is that it needs dbus-x11 to be installed.  (Hopefully, the RH
based and Debian based names are the same.)

Sometimes, if one didn't install Gnome, dbus-x11 wouldn't get installed.
Probably not the case with a full KDE desktop environment install, but
possibly worth checking.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6