Re: [tlug] SUSE wipeout! (Add /home partition in Ubuntu)

2011/6/19 Raedwolf Summoner <rarooam@example.com>:

> MS (the Shuttleworth one) has decreed that Gnome will no longer
> be provided as an option in the next release.

That's unfortunate. Unity has some nice features, and honestly allows
you to do more without the mouse, or more quickly, than does "classic"
GNOME. But I just can't sacrifice 25% of a core to the
beast--especially on my single-core netbook with the almost
unsupported Intel video. :(

I should have already gone back to Openbox, but since I switched to
Ubuntu because I'm lazy, I didn't want to expend the effort.

Is Unity GNOME underneath, or is it Yet Another Linux Desktop That
Will Finally Lure Those Windows And Mac Users Over (YALDTWFLTWAMUO,
pronounced "yald-twiffle-twa-mow")?

Cheers,
Josh