Re: [tlug] Browser share in Japan?

>> Sure, that's useful.  What it isn't, is market share, unless you want
>> to argue that browser users are in the business of producing accesses,
>> which websites consume.  (That definition actually doesn't bother me,
>> but I suspect most of the people you talk to will find it extremely
>> confusing!)

I think you will find "Browser market share" is the established term.
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browser_market_share
actually redirects to "usage share of web browsers", which I imagine
satisfies you much more, but in googits[1] it is 65 million to 10 million.

Or, try googling for "browser share" and looking at the top 10 hits. 7
use the phrase "market share", 1 is wikipedia, 1 uses "browser
statistics" and 1 is about sharing your browser screen.

And having given you all those hard facts, I then did enjoy this quote
at the bottom of [2]:
"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure."
Mark Twain

Darren

[1]: A measure of the "market share" of a word. Sorry, couldn't resist  ;-)

[2]: http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp