Re: [tlug] ACID Tests (was Re: Browser share in Japan?)

On 28/05/11 10:05, jep200404@example.com wrote:
The ACID tests do not test web pages.
On 28/05/11 16:04, Godwin Stewart wrote:
> As I understand it, it's browsers that should pass the tests, not pages.

I see your points -- I guess I was just wondering if one could create web pages that sticks to features of (say) the ACID 3 test instead of browsers X and Y. It might be easier than continually trying to satisfy browsers X and Y with every one of their updates.

But yes -- once enough browsers satisfy ACID 3, then there will be an ACID 4. And each ACID test doesn't cover everything that can go wrong...

Thanks!

Ray