Re: [tlug] Browser share in Japan?

>  > > The only thing that matters in open source (and free software, for
>  > > that matter) is release rate of the products you use. ...

Whereas the only thing that matters for web designers and developers is
the market share of IE6 ;-)

As a concrete example for me today, the 5% Japan share for IE6 allowed
us to go ahead with using transparent png for a logo, rather than having
to make a set of images each with a different background colour. If it
had been 10% the decision would likely have gone the other way.

Also, final testing time is proportional to the number of browsers with
visible share. Or, in other words, the popularity of Safari and Chrome
is a pain :-(.
(The popularity of IE8 is beyond that into being just something we have
to live with, like urination...)

Darren