Re: [tlug] Browser share in Japan?

On 27/05/2011 15:59, Francois Cartegnie wrote:

Depending of the dev/revenue ratio, it's probably smarter to use developer's
time to bet on mobile and not on IE6.

I'm going to disagree with you there because there's no such thing as "one size fits all" when it comes to browser usage.

In a corporate environment where users have no say in what browser they use, you will often find that IE6 represents more than 5% of the user base. Looking at the stats for the company I work for, it's about 6% (OK, that's not much more than 5%, but....)

As for mobile web, we made the decision not to support that specifically, mainly because browsers on mobile devices are getting better and better and acquiring capabilities closer to those of standard desktop browsers. Mobile screen resolution is increasing with time and no longer really requires anything specially designed for devices with little screen real estate.

--
Godwin Stewart -- <gstewart@example.com>