Re: [tlug] OT: radioactive water

Yes, this has been announced in the local media:

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20110323-00000556-san-soci

We live just down the road from the water plant that is affected and
there have been a number of helicopters buzzing around today.

As I understand it, breastfeeding is ok, but using milk formula is not
advised. My wife is understandably quite worried about this.

The difference in radiation readings can be caused by location /
height of the counters - the denphone counter is on the 4th floor, so
has a lower reading than at ground level (where particles accumulate).
On the street in Azabujuban we were seeing levels of just over 200 at
the pavement level.

Simon