Re: [tlug] Browser share in Korea (was Japan)

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 9:37 PM, Jawaad Mahmood
<jawaad.mahmood@example.com> wrote:
> Ty,
>
> Didn't the Korean Govt recently repeal the Active X law that forced the use of IE6?

I didn't even know that there was such a law. Googling a bit, it seems
that a certain security measures, which requires Active-X, was
mandatory for the on-line banking in South Korea. As of 2010-03-07,
the law got repealed and some news reported that the smart phone
was the major factor behind the repealing.

--
ty