Re: [tlug] Browser share in Korea (was Japan)

>> In China, IE8 gain markedly on this January instead of IE6 ( However
>> IE6 still have 40.55% share ). As South Korea that trend is going
>> continually.
> Remember, South Korea does not use SSL and requires the use of IE and
> Active-X controls in order to make any secure connection with S. Korean
> web services.
>
> http://blog.mozilla.com/gen/2007/02/27/the-cost-of-monoculture/

Interesting. I guess someone must have written the necessary plugin for
the android browser, and that would explain the rapid growth in the past
9 months?
 http://gs.statcounter.com/#mobile_browser-KR-monthly-201002-201102

Presumably major websites are now much more cross-browser than in 2007?
And/or everyone makes optimized-for-android mobile sites?

Darren