Re: [tlug] How much of radiations measured in Central Tokyo?

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 13:32, Ivan <vanzaj@example.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Kalin KOZHUHAROV <me.kalin@example.com> wrote:
>> I have been measuring the γ-radiation for the last almost an hour with
>> my new Gamma-scout[1] and in Minato-ku, Mita 3-7-31 on my  3rd floor
>> balcony it is about 0.12 - 0.18µSv/h which is about the normal
>> background.
>
> nice. have you heard about http://www.geigercrowd.net ?

No, I just saw the site. But it is practically empty, there is no info
on who runs the site (and why), so I don't trust them in any way.
There are thousands of "organizations" that will do their best to
profit from the situation.

In other words I could have done better job than that and I was
considering it for some time.

As of the last 30min, levels dropped to 0.08μSv/h which is the about
the minimum this device will detect.

Cheers,
Kalin.