Re: [tlug] Alternatives to sed + awk

On 03/03/11 17:20, Josh Glover wrote:
On 3 March 2011 08:53, Raymond Wan<rwan.kyoto@example.com>  wrote:
[T]he use of indentation instead of parentheses is hard to get use to.

Surely you meant curly braces. ;) But Python *does* require parens on
every method call, which Perl does not.

I like Ruby's approach best, I must say. Whitespace doesn't matter,
you don't need parens in many places, and best of all, no semicolons
and curly braces cluttering up the code.

Curly braces around blocks of code...that's it. Suddenly forgot the term while typing that last post...

I've never seen Ruby yet...one thing at a time.  ;-)

Ray