Re: [tlug] Do you whitelist or blacklist utf-8? [SOLVED]

Hi Dave,

On 24/02/11 19:55, Dave M G wrote:
I think I've got to a place where I'm comfortable I'm filtering the
right things.

There might be some evolution in how I handle things, but the essential
issue of whitelisting and blacklisting characters seems to be resolved.

Sorry, but when this discussion started off with UTF/Japanese encodings, I was staying away as I know nothing about it. :-) But since we're talking about white listing and black listing, I suddenly remembered a book I have called "Web Database Applications with PHP and MySQL" by Williams and Lane [O'Reilly]. Chapter 9 is on validation.

I think the book's web site might have some of their source code, if not at least part of the book:

http://www.webdatabasebook.com/

I haven't used this book as much as I had hoped and at 2003, it is probably out-of-date.

Ray