Re: [tlug] Do you whitelist or blacklist utf-8?

> And, yeah, for better security, don't use PHP :)

Do you have any evidence to support that statement?

Security always seems, to me, to be dominated by the programmer's
understanding of security issues; language features are quite minor.
I.e. the same programmer will write safe or dangerous code whichever
language he uses.

(As far as I know, PHP has all the required functions for writing safe
code, such as htmlspecialchars(), urlencode(), strip_tags(),
filter_var(), regexes, etc.)

Darren