Re: [tlug] Do you whitelist or blacklist utf-8?

Jc, Shmuel,

Thank you for responding.

HTMLPurifier does not seem to be what I am talking about. Sorry if I was
unclear. I need to keep POST data free of any nasty XSS, whereas
HTMLPurifier seems to be about cleaning up web pages:
http://htmlpurifier.org/phorum/read.php?3,5341

Shmuel, I'd love to do a white list on my utf-8 strings... however, it
seems like it's really tough to set up a white list that doesn't refuse
any non-latin characters. I saw one page that showed regular expressions
for filtering by languages... but you had to set up a huge array to
account for every single language.

What to people do when they want to ensure Japanese text is free of any
XSS-capable characters?

--
Dave M G