Re: [tlug] Do you whitelist or blacklist utf-8?

Hi Dave.

On 2011/02/23 10:31, Dave M G wrote:

Shmuel, I'd love to do a white list on my utf-8 strings... however, it
seems like it's really tough to set up a white list that doesn't refuse
any non-latin characters. I saw one page that showed regular expressions
for filtering by languages... but you had to set up a huge array to
account for every single language.
I think that every character that is above the ascii range can be safely passed.
So you don't need a huge array. just small one.

What to people do when they want to ensure Japanese text is free of any
XSS-capable characters
All that I wrote was about SQL-injection. XSS is one layer above the individual characters. but first you need to tell us something about your data. is the user allowed to enter HTML tags?
or are you using different mark-down scheme?

Shmuel.