Re: [tlug] Buying a Linux-compatible Bluetooth headset in Japan

On 01/26/2011 10:46 AM, Stefan A. wrote:
TLUG members,

I am thinking about buying a Bluetooth headset to use with Skype and
Ekiga on my Ubuntu 10.10-based Lenovo Edge 13 notebook. From most of
the articles and tutorials I've read it seems that it can become quite
a hassle to set up a Bluetooth headset on Linux if you choose the
wrong equipment. I am pretty new to Linux, so I'd like to buy a
headset model that works pretty much out of the box. Since I have only
just arrived in Japan, I don't know where to check for
Linux-compatible hardware, though, which is why I'm writing.

I use a Plantronics Voyager 855 which I bought on amazon.jp. It works as a stereo headphone and headset. I got it working on Gentoo using the instructions at[1].

Edward

1. http://blog.vortorus.net/2010/03/13/bluethooth-headset-under-gentoo-linux