Re: [tlug] ADSL or Hikari Fiber

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 01:01:18 +0900
Dan Burrowes <danburrowes@example.com> wrote:

> I've heard stories of people getting reprimanded for more than 30GB of
> bandwidth (down) per month.  Almost any consumer-marketed ISP will do
> some port filtering to cut down on malicious traffic.  If you're worried
> about this, then go with a business connection from a provider like IIJ.
>  Be ready to pay out the nose, however.

Huh? 30GB? There are still ISPs who think they can limit peoples
bw usage? I thought these went the way of the dodo a long time ago.
Or is this just a Japanese phenomena?

Not talking about that i regularly make >10GB traffic in a day on
a slow 5M ADSL connection and >100G/month is the norm. I'd expect
that my bandwidth usage on a 100Mbps line would be quite a bit
higher.

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin