Re: [tlug] ADSL or Hikari Fiber

On 12/12/10 11:56 AM, Lyle H Saxon wrote:
>> I've heard stories of people getting reprimanded for more than 30GB of
>> bandwidth (down) per month.
>
> How about for uploads?  I upload a fair number of videos to YouTube
> and that could go over 30GB (up) per month.

Yeah, I imagine that they would scrutinize uploads more than downloads.
 I, personally, have never had any problems with OCN complaining about
my bandwidth usage, and I have certainly had (many) months where I've
gone above 30GB up *and* down.  My guess is that they target the folks
who are using high bandwidth on well-known P2P ports.  If you're pushing
30+GB over dst port 80, then they probably won't care (and, yes, even
they know how open to manipulation this port number is).

--dan