Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] usb ethernet adapter
- Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 22:51:19 +0900
- From: Sach Jobb <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [tlug] usb ethernet adapter
Hello TLUG, I am looking for a recommendation for a USB ethernet dongle that plays well with Linux. Specifically this will be going into a macmini 2.1 running debian stable. Unrelated (?): If you ever decide to setup a macmini 2.1 running linux two useful things you should know are: 1) make sure to set the bootable flag on the partition that holds the kernel (the 'a' command in fdisk). 2) after you install, reboot the box using the osx cd, run terminal from the menu and run the bless command as such: 'bless --device /dev/disk0s1 --setBoot --legacy' updating the disk0s1 for whatever you setup. it will still work without this, but you'll have to wait through 15 to 30 sections of the blinking question mark folder icon before EFI will decide it's ok to call grub. Cheers, Sach
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Worth coming to Japan before getting a job?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] [announcement] 2010-11-13 Technical meeting.
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Disintegrating Firefox Functionality
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] usb ethernet adapter
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links