Re: [tlug] usb ethernet adapter

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 10:51:19PM +0900, Sach Jobb wrote:
> Hello TLUG,
>
> I am looking for a recommendation for a USB ethernet dongle that plays
> well with Linux.
> Specifically this will be going into a macmini 2.1 running debian stable.

I have a Buffalo LUA-U2-GT (USB2.0 GbE), it may work in lenny, if I get
the history correctly, the usb id was added to the asix module[1] just
in time for lenny (2.6.26).
If it doesn't work you could get a backported kernel, wait for the soon
to be released squeeze or even test the upgrade path to the next stable
sooner than the actual release.
Anyway there may be other usb/net adapters that are fine with debian
lenny, not sure though.

[1]: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=ac7b77f13f2f33270276f88ad0f427e031552e04
--
mattia