Re: [tlug] Debian rant

> Without the tool chain, it makes no sense to make the code open.  After all, no one will be able to build / modify / hack the code.
It's a gcc arm toolchain, and the build script is of course available.

>If you guys don't see the point of having a free software distribution like Debian, why not use a different distribution ?

We support linux, windows and osx.  They all use the same binary
firmware that gets loaded onto another device.

>I'm certainly not going to be hacking USB device firmware any time soon,
but there's almost certainly somebody around who does want to.

The source is available and the toolchain is available.

My question is why does everyone have to build the firmware just
because some people *may* want to.  In reality it makes maintenance of
a small project more difficult.