Re: [tlug] Uninterrupted power supply unit recommendations

 On 08/31/2010 02:32 PM, Dave M G wrote:
The only question I have now is the importance versus the difficulty of
getting proper grounding. I do have some outlets with ground wires, but
they are dispersed far away from my computers (one for the air con, one
in the kitchen, one behind the washing machine).
As a EE-major I fail to see why you need ground at all. Unless your
equipment is grounded a symmetrical surge will not even be detectable.
An asymmetrical surge can harm your computer but a surge protector will
(or should) protect your computer from that, with or without grounding.

/Fredric

begin:vcard
fn:Fredric Fredricson
n:Fredricson;Fredric