Re: [tlug] A-bomb service

JC Helary writes:

 > If it were fair, it would not cost "us" a lot, it would rather cost
 > companies and other very rich people a lot. But since they already
 > have a lot, they would barely notice.

JC, do the math:

Total fairness burden =
    (JC's annual expenditure - Chinese average) X Chinese population
    + (JC's annual expenditure - Indian average) X Indian population

I assure you, there just aren't enough millionaire$, let alone
billionaire$, to fill that hole, not even with 100% expropriation
(which I'm sure they'd notice painfully).  For those of us with real
jobs in OECD countries, the result is pretty dismaying.

Sure, the richer people among us will (as always) keep more than their
share, and that's "unfair" in some sense I suppose, but geopolitically
that's just not the real problem.