Re: [tlug] A-bomb service

Stephen J. Turnbull writes:
Sotaro Kobayashi writes:

 > I think Japan has had an ability to produce the nuclear weapon
 > since pre WWII era, which technology was imported from Germany.

Sure.  My point was that *today*, unlike N. Korea or India a few
decades ago, Japan probably would not need to conduct tests.
I agree.
Japan does not need to do a research into nuclear weapons
by himself now.
The Japanese defense technology is completely under control of
the Pentagon now, and Japan is outsourcing most military researches
to US now.
I am happy with the current situation. :-)
 > I think US could not help dropping A-bombs in Hiroshima and
 > Nagasaki before Japan could complete the project and drop it to US.

In the end though, I think "shorten the war" is the reason that
allowed those guys to sleep at night in their old age.  At the time
the decision was taken, though, I'm sure there was some mixture of
strategy, revenge (look up what happened to Dresden, Germany, and
why), experimentation, and plain old racism.
Surely, that's the point which I mean.
Germany and Japan encountered the similar disaster afterwards. :-(
> This Japanese emotion is from a tribute to fallen A-bombs victims in > Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

I can't help wishing that that tribute were paid as compensation and
health benefits to the living hibakusha, though. :-(

I am glad that you understand the Japanese people's tribute
to Hibakusha.
For me,the matter is about an incident which happened 65 years ago,
I don't care about it so much.

Otherwise, I am shocked by a news that
confidential military records about American and British corps
in Afghanistan have been leaked on Wikilkeak now,
and more British and American soldiers are getting fallen down
under Taliban bullets day by day.
I am deeply paying tributes to
fallen or injured British and American soldiers on Youtube videos
in the 21st century now. :'(

Sotaro