Re: [tlug] A-bomb service

Stephen J. Turnbull wrtes:
Lewske Wada writes:
 > On Jul 28, 2010, at 5:04 PM, CL wrote:
 > > How do you know Japan doesn't possess nuclear weapons?
 > > Just asking ...
> > I cannot tell in the future, but so far Japan has held the Three
 > Non- Nuclear Principles that prohibits possessing, producing or
 > carrying in nuclear weapons to the country.

I don't think Japan owns any assembled nukes, and I doubt it has any
disassembled ones, either.  But we'll never know; this country has way
more than the necessary quantity of precision machining skills and
supercomputers to produce a testless Bomb.

I think Japan has had an ability to produce the nuclear weapon since pre WWII era,
which technology was imported from Germany.

http://www.riken.go.jp/engn/r-world/riken/history/zaidan/index.html

I think US could not help dropping A-bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki
before Japan could complete the project and drop it to US.

However, keep in mind that this opinion is not accepted by most ordinary Japanese folks, who are thinking it is a taboo for all human being to have an ability to produce nuclear weapons. This Japanese emotion is from a tribute to fallen A-bombs victims in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. This emotion is similar to a current tribute to fallen Afganistan and Iraq soldiers in UK and US. :'(

Sotaro