[tlug] state of the art spam filtering

Moin,

I'd like to take on Josh's proposition to talk about
spam filtering. Especialy about current, non-intrusive
methods available.

My current setup for the high-volume domains
is to have strict envelope-from/envelope-to checking
on both primary and secondary MX and reject everything
with a 4xx that has an invalid envelope-from, resp 5xx
if the envelope-to is invalid. A nice and cheap filter
that also catches quite a lot is the requirement to
have a valid FQDN in HELO/EHLO (though it does not
have to resolve).

Spamfiltering itself (aka spamassasin, bogofilter etc)
is only applied by the user, if he wishes to do so.

I don't use grey listing or TMDA as i deem their
disadvantages higher than their benefit.

What do you guys use? And do you have any recomendations
to improve the setup above?

			Attila Kinali

--
If you want to walk fast, walk alone.