Re: [tlug] state of the art spam filtering

Attila Kinali wrote:
> I'd like to take on Josh's proposition to talk about
> spam filtering. Especialy about current, non-intrusive
> methods available.
>
> Spamfiltering itself (aka spamassasin, bogofilter etc)
> is only applied by the user, if he wishes to do so.
>
> I don't use grey listing or TMDA as i deem their
> disadvantages higher than their benefit.
>
> What do you guys use? And do you have any recomendations
> to improve the setup above?

It depends on the kind of your SMTP server.
When I was using Postfix, I used to be directly editing
"/etc/postfix/header_checks" file to add addresses and subjects
that are suspicious using regular expressions and it worked great.

For some malicious cases, you need to also add an expression
matching the body part in "/etc/postfix/body_checks".

# You can set the file paths by editing /etc/postfix/main.cf :
# header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks
# body_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/body_checks

Cheers,
Ryu : http://run.sh/