Re: [tlug] state of the art spam filtering

Le mardi 16 mars 2010, Attila Kinali a écrit :
> Moin,

> What do you guys use? And do you have any recomendations
> to improve the setup above?

Prior checking content:
* Reject senders without reverse
* Reject senders listed in RBLs (spamhaus works well)
* Reject senders with reverse DNS containing their IP (Catches 90% !)
* Reject senders with reverse subdomain containing blacklisted works (ex:
*dyn*.foo.com, *dsl*.foo.com, *ppp*.foo.com, ...)

Works, but I don't use it because of lots of false positive (because most
sites sends mail through web scripting):
* Reject senders which are not MX

Required for MTA (secondary, relays or that cannot check account on
connection)
* Mails to non-exiting accounts goes to blackhole. Never bounce anything.

I use Qmail, so that's easy to insert scripts and do checks.
But I reduced the chain (rblsmtd+customs) by using a recent and nice all-in-
one tool called spamdyke which handles everything, and more.

Francois