Re: [tlug] state of the art spam filtering

Francois Cartegnie wrote:
> * Reject senders listed in RBLs (spamhaus works well)
> * Reject senders with reverse DNS containing their IP (Catches 90% !)
> * Reject senders with reverse subdomain containing blacklisted works (ex:
> *dyn*.foo.com, *dsl*.foo.com, *ppp*.foo.com, ...)
>
> I use Qmail, so that's easy to insert scripts and do checks.
> But I reduced the chain (rblsmtd+customs) by using a recent and nice all-in-
> one tool called spamdyke which handles everything, and more.
I doubt RBL listing evil domains properly either.

Many universities kicked out my address when it was
mistakenly or intentionally registered to spamhaus.org.

I'd stick to manual rejection rules and automatic spam filter
like spamassassin.

I also have SMTP-AUTH configured for Exim4 so that I can
send emails in outdoor while blocking any access trying to
relay mails through my server :

http://run.sh/comp/email.html

Regards,
Ryu