Re: [tlug] OT Thread Hijacking

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:57:09PM +0100, Michal Hajek wrote:

> I perceive the purpose of Subject: header as indicating what is inside
> given email. According to this info, I (person) can decide what to do
> with it. E.g. read it immediately, postpone it, delete it, ...etc.

Its possible one reads the first mail in a thread, decides its not
interesting and orders his MUA to delete further mails in that thread,
since its even after subject-change the same thread to the MUA it will
then ignore it.

My and maybe others causes to do this 'hijacking' (or re-using):
something in the original thread creates the new topic to bring up.
Hitting 'reply to all' and quoting is the natural thing then.  When
pening up a completely new thread from the MUA we would loose the
quoted text and would have to inform the MUA on the lists mailadress
to send the mail to.

Christian