Re: [tlug] Netbooks: Reflective Screens; Transmissive Screens; Transflective Screens

On 2010-02-02 00:26 -0500 (Tue), jep200404 wrote:

> s smith wrote:
>
> > My only complaint is that it's almost useless outside because of the
> > reflective screen.
>
> Huh? Usually, the reflective screens are the ones that work great outdoors.
> Reflective screens are uncommon.

I think that he means it's not a screen lit by reflectivity (such as an
E-Ink screen) but that it's a backlit transmissive screen that is just
very shiny. Thus, strong outside lighting overwhelms the backlight and
you can't see the screen.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs@example.com>         +81 90 7737 2974