Re: [tlug] Netbooks: Reflective Screens; Transmissive Screens; Transflective Screens

s smith wrote:

> I have the american version of the Aspire-one ...

> My only complaint is that it's almost useless outside because of the
> reflective screen.

Huh? Usually, the reflective screens are the ones that work great outdoors.
Reflective screens are uncommon. Some very old laptops have them.
Some newer stuff (such as the Kindle which is always reflective
and the OLPC XO-1 which is transflective[1]) has reflective screens,
but reflective screens are definitely not common.

Do you have a tranmissive screen (not a reflective screen)?

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transflective_liquid_crystal_display