Re: [tlug] [OT] Job hunting

On 2009-09-24 18:01 -0400 (Thu), Joe Larabell wrote:

> Don't the health premiums (taxes, if you will) depend on your *previous*
> year's income?

>From what I've seen, no; those are based on your current income. You may
be thinking of the ward taxes, which are indeed based on the previous
year's income, and it appears that you don't pay ward taxes during your
first year here.

(In theory, you should be paying your ward taxes during the year after
you leave, but I expect many foreigners don't do so, relying on the
difficulty of collecting them from people not in the country.)

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com