Re: [tlug] [OT] Japan and 海外 credit cards

On 2009-08-05 01:11 +0900 (Wed), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> Real quants...use FORTRAN, SAS, S+, and Haskell (heaven help us all)...

Hey, I resemble that remark!

(Well, not exactly. I just thought that if there are parts of "math"
without all those numbers, they'd be easier. In the same way I thought
Japanese would be as easy as French.)

> There was a request for help putting together a conformant FORTRAN 77
> environment on the DJGPP list just yesterday....

Of course! FORTRAN 90 is very capable, we all admit, but FORTRAN 77 was
what brought in the really good stuff, and is still perfectly capable of
running the original Zork.

Not that I want to ask what you're doing on the DJGPP list.

(As for that PC side of things, I dunno. I remember DJGPP, but I just
used QEMM and 4DOS in my day to day work.)

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com