Re: [tlug] First Android Phone in Japan release date announced

Hi,

>  When I'm at home, it exclusively
> uses my home WiFi access.

If you take out the sim, does wifi work.  I.E. does wifi work with no
3g connection.  DoCoMo explained I needed a data plan in order to use
wifi.  I think they are confused and on a dev. phone should be able to
get wifi without a 3G plan.

In the end, I need  dev phone.  It'll be easier to work with the
emerging bluetooth api that way.

I do want the full experience but hope to do stuff with google gears
to access my app offline.

Shawn