Re: [tlug] Flash and Firexfox 2

On Mar 13, 2009, at 4:07 PM, Jim Breen wrote:

While we're on the topic of FF3, I have a grizzle.

In WWWJDIC I put an "ID="XXX"" on the radio buttons and wrap a <label> for
XXX around the front part of the display of a dictionary entry. This has the
effect of allowing users to select the radio button just by clicking on the
entry. It worked fine on all browsers for years until along came Firefox 3.
With FF3 it still works that way, but it stops users selecting any text from
the entry, e.g. for a later paste. I got a flurry of emails from users when
FF3 first arrived, and as a work-around the ID/label feature can be disabled
via a cookie setting.

IMNSHO this is a bug in FF3. Nothing I can see in the HTML specs indicates
that text inside a <label/> can't be selected.

Jim,

I'd be happy to help you get visibility on this if you file a bug. I'd love to know if it was a regression (I doubt it, but it could be) or what the problem is.

Have you filed a bug with Mozilla before?

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/

I'd appreciate it if you would file it and cc my work email- gen at mozilla dot com.

Gen