Re: [tlug] How to Re-Enable wlan0?

Alexander Danilov wrote:
CL пишет:
Kubuntu 8.10 on a Lenovo R-61

Have you try to ifdown/ifup wlan0 manually?

Yes. It works, now and I have been able to do manual ifdown/ifup several times as a test.

Herr Doktor Professor Turnbull's suggestion to look for an external switch was the key. Unlike his wife's Vaio, however, the switch on the ThinkPad is recessed and hard to switch on and off. After I moved the switch back to the other position, I had to reboot to see wlan, but it came right back on schedule.

The reason it got switched off in the first place is that the graphic used to illustrate the switch's function looks more appropriate to screen brightness setting. And, since I received the laptop as a prezzie for setting up a bulk order of it's brothers and sisters with Japanese XP as a favor to someone, there was no manual.

--
CL