Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] ThinkCentre hardware debugging.
- Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 14:30:01 +0900
- From: Edward Middleton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [tlug] ThinkCentre hardware debugging.
- References: <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (X11/20080929)
I am replying to this email because it is somewhat related. Thanks to Lyles email I decided to try my luck on a Otto untested ThinkCentre A51 8425 11j at 3千円 and see if I could do better then the 2万円 for the equivalent tested machine. It has not been all that smooth sailing. The machine posts but crashes soon after (all devices power down, keyboard goes dead, but fans run). According to the manual the green light on the power supply and the green light on the front panel indicate that the motherboard and power supply is working. I believe the crash is independent of the hard disk and cdrom because it occurs even if both devices are removed. It also occurs after a few seconds while in the BIOS. I have cleaned the memory and gave the slot a brush with an air brush. I have tried with other known working memory to no avail. I have replaced the CMOS battery and reset the CMOS. All the capacitors appear to be OK (none appear popped). I am currently thinking it might be the result of a failed BIOS flash and will try the floppy based flash recovery procedure (first time I have had a machine that will do this). Does anyone have experience with this sort of machine or debugging this sort of problem? Does anyone have suggestions on how to debug this? Cheers, Edward
- [tlug] Otto Used Computers in Akihabara Closing!
- From: Lyle H Saxon
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] GPL Quote
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] GPL Quote
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Otto Used Computers in Akihabara Closing!
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] ThinkCentre hardware debugging.
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links