Re: [tlug] VirtualBox Abuse?

Ian Wells wrote:
2008/10/15 Mark Makdad <makdad@example.com>:

As a user who ran into a similar issue, I would like to re-ask the question
of the OP -- did anyone successfully test this on VirtualBox, or are we
talking about vmware with the above?

Also interested in the results of this, because I'd like a VM that works in both VirtualBox and (*spit*) MS Virtual PC... Sadly, VBox's VHD (MS format disk) support is broken and I'm waiting for the next version for the latest attempt at a fix.

I posed the question in the VirtualBox forums:

http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?p=42130#42130

And received the following link to a compendium of various How-to solutions:

http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=1966

It does not appear to be quite as straightforward as I'd hoped, but easier than I'd feared. Some of the information is extremely helpful, but some of it might as well be written in Swahili, given my Newbiosity.

The person who prepared the How-to is a Debian Edge user and the fixes proposed apparently work in all *buntu flavors as well. There are a few discussions of other Linux types that I have ignored.

HTH

--
CL