Re: [tlug] Firefox 3.0.1 doesn't respect <meta http-equiv="content-type">

Curt Sampson writes:
 > On 2008-09-09 19:28 +0900 (Tue), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
 >
 > > http-equiv = name [CI]
 > >     This attribute may be used in place of the name attribute. HTTP
 > >     servers use this attribute to gather information for HTTP response
 > >     message headers.
 > >
 > > This may be a W3C frain bart....
 >
 > It is. Try these on for size:

And your point might be?  I see nothing that says that the server MUST
trust that information, only the implication that it may be useful.
On the other hand, we know that Microsoft clients are very vulnerable
to such disinformation; I think OSS should aspire to hosing them
intentionally -- or not at all. :-)