Re: [tlug] OT: Beer Festival

BABA Yoshihiko wrote:

On Sep 9, 2008, at 8:59 AM, Edward Middleton wrote:
Anyone interested in starting a TOKYO pub guide, something like this[1].

Edward

1. http://www.johngoodwin.me.uk/pubs/pubindex.html

Yeah, I am very much interested. Do you mean just British/Irish style pubs? Do some nice izakaya/tachinomi count? Within TLUG website?

My idea was to do it in a distributed fashion using semantic web technology.

I don't think we need to make it just British/Irish style pubs, and we probably also want to add information about what is on tap. It looks like the pub ontology[1] they[2] were using doesn't support this information.

BASIC IDEA

Everyone involved publishes a FOAF file linking members together and including links to their pub/izakaya/tachinomi information in rdf. A crawler would be setup on the TLUG server to update members FOAF data and update their pub/izakaya/tachinomi information. The merged RDF information could be queried from the TLUG site, or alternatively people could download it for local querying. If people want to join they just need a FOAF reference from someone already involved.

2. http://www.johngoodwin.me.uk/pubs/pubindex.html