Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] OT: Beer Festival
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:39:02 +0900
- From: Edward Middleton <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] OT: Beer Festival
- References: <1220758517.2415.12.camel@Beerislife> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <48C5BC78.email@example.com> <9D0B0038-254B-4109-9813-266B03DD11ED@mac.com>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (X11/20080821)
BABA Yoshihiko wrote:
On Sep 9, 2008, at 8:59 AM, Edward Middleton wrote:Anyone interested in starting a TOKYO pub guide, something like this.
Yeah, I am very much interested. Do you mean just British/Irish style pubs? Do some nice izakaya/tachinomi count? Within TLUG website?
My idea was to do it in a distributed fashion using semantic web technology.
I don't think we need to make it just British/Irish style pubs, and we probably also want to add information about what is on tap. It looks like the pub ontology they were using doesn't support this information.
Everyone involved publishes a FOAF file linking members together and including links to their pub/izakaya/tachinomi information in rdf. A crawler would be setup on the TLUG server to update members FOAF data and update their pub/izakaya/tachinomi information. The merged RDF information could be queried from the TLUG site, or alternatively people could download it for local querying. If people want to join they just need a FOAF reference from someone already involved.
1. http://www.johngoodwin.me.uk/pubs/ 2. http://www.johngoodwin.me.uk/pubs/pubindex.html
- Re: [tlug] OT: Beer Festival
- From: Edward Middleton
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] OT: Beer Festival
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] OT: Beer Festival
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] OT: Beer Festival
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] OT: Beer Festival
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links