Re: [tlug] Once again - japanese input problems

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Daniel A. Ramaley
<daniel.ramaley@example.com> wrote:
> On Saturday July 5 2008 15:47, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:
>>I installed anthy as well. I "solved" the problem right now with
>>installing scim-canna which works; still it's strange.
>
> Which input method is "best"? I use uim-anthy on my Linux machines
> because it was the first one i could figure out how to set up. It works
> OK, but i like the conversion engine in Mac OS X better and so usually
> just use my 1 Mac for Japanese writing.

The IME from M$ is imho the best but unavailalbe to Mac OS X and
Linux. I never figured out a difference between anthy and canna and
began to use anthy because it was available for the Zaurus and
nowadays it's the first thing I think of when installing a new box.
Maybe it's just the popularity-fact. I would have liked to use Kasumi
though. I never tried PRIME though and I do not "feel" any difference
between Kotoeri, Anthy and Canna.
The same for Scim and UIM. I am used to use Scim (in the "old" days
when I used SUSe I used Kinput2) and therefore I use that. But I guess
it's just out of popularity. As long as I get my input done, maybe be
able to easily add new words to the dictionary and have the possiblity
not just being able to Japanese but Korean as well I am happy.

Niels