Re: [tlug] Once again - japanese input problems

> I installed scim-anthy (incl. kasumi) and added japanese language
> support. Now I can type everywhere Japanese but I can't convert it
> to kanji, only to katakana. It seems that the conversion dictionary
> is empty.

Wild guess, but are you sure the anthy package is installed (not just
scim-anthy)?  This sort of problem would seem to indicate a problem with
the henkan engine (anthy) itself.

I've just gotten over my own input setup problems myself under Gentoo,
and am finally starting to feel somewhat confident about this stuff :-)

Dave