Re: [tlug] RMS is at it again

2008/6/17 Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo@example.com>:

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
>> 2008/6/16 Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo@example.com>:
>>
>>> Gernot "TV is evil" Hassenpflug
>>
>> Nice use of the word "evil" there.
>
> Can you take a joke?

Not generally, no.

>> If you don't want a television, fine ...
>
> Good to see I could poke a raw nerve, though none was intended. My
> personal story is my own, and has nothing to do with whether I approve
> or do not approve of television.

Agreed, and as I say:

>> In the context of this thread, I can see why you bring it up, you
>> could stand to tone down the holier-than-thouishness, methinks.
>
> Methinks lack of smileys disturbed you, or could be a
> cultural difference from the great Atlantic divide.

Well, I forgot a "but" in the above sentence; I meant that your story
was entirely appropriate to the thread, and it was, as you say,
amusing. I suppose the lack of smileys made me think a value judgement
was included. For that, I beg your forgiveness.

That email has no body language or visual and auditory cues and can
thus make one take offence where none is intended is well documented.

> Don't get me started on the evils of beer!

I was drunk when I wrote the previous post. ;)

--
Cheers,
Josh