Re: [tlug] RMS is at it again

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 04:02, Phillip Tribble
<phillip.tribble@example.com> wrote:
> Kind of funny. "After our coverage of London's Oyster card, which uses Linux
> for its online payment system, we had a response from Richard Stallman, head
> of the Free Software Foundation."
>
> http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10008393o-2000469549b,00.htm

Maybe he has made some valid points. Not enough for me to start
wrapping my wallet in aluminum foil. However, it is still interesting.
There has been arguments for and against trying to limit the way in
which people use free software. Once case In particular I remember was
the open letter from some of the SAMBA team directed at SCO in
relation to it's distribution of SAMBA[1].

Back to the U.K. Here is an image to chew on:

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/8969/1213494835005kr3.jpg

Regards, Keith

[1] I cannot find the original letter on samba.org so this will have
to do: http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2123084/samba-slams-sco-hypocrisy